Saturday, December 22, 2007

strobist style


Photo of a friend. Trying out some backlighting with my speedlights. The setup was quite simple. One 550ex fired through a diffusion panel to camera left. to camera right was another diffusion panel with gold fabric to bounce some light back as fill. Behind the model is another 550ex pointed at the back of her head. All fired by pocketwizards. I like how the light spills from behind her in this shot.
In a small rut with christmas coming up. Also have Carol coming back from a trip to Hawaii, which will make things interesting. I'm hoping she can help set up some new models for me to shoot over the next weekend.
I decided that Santa is going to give me a trip to the Philippines in June. Yes, a long way off but work is crazy and it will give me something to look forward to. From where I live it is a two day trip each way to get to Manila, which really sucks. I'm hoping to get to Guam for work next year which will put me about 4 hours or so from manila and also allow me to travel to some other SouthEast Asian countries.

No comments: